mind & body
Where cutting-edge wellness and ancient healing traditions come together for the best in holistic and integrative care.
Weight maintenance can sometimes be extremely difficult and daunting. Achieving ideal body weight involves many different factors including diet, exercise, stress, genetics and environment.
Acupressure/Acupuncture are useful tools in the battle of weight control and helps with digestion, losing weight, and keeping weight off.
Acupuncture/Acupressure aids in weight loss by:
- Promoting Relaxation- Acupuncture/Acupressure stimulates energy flow in the body and calms the nervous system. In lowering stress, frustration, and anxiety, it also reduces the triggers of poor habits such as overeating and junk food cravings.
- Promoting Endorphin release- Acupuncture/Acupressure stimulates the release of endorphins that aids in digestion and returns hormonal states to the proper balance. Healthy digestion is a key to weight loss.
- Aiding in Thyroid function- Acupuncture/Acupressure helps provide the proper energy to the thyroid so that it can function properly and regulate metabolism as it should.
- Aiding in Kidney function- Treatment relating specifically to kidney function aids with water retention in the kidney helping to curb appetite and keep the body well hydrated.
- Balancing the Endocrine system- The endocrine system is the body system that regulates and secretes hormones. Acupuncture/acupressure helps the endocrine system function properly and can reduce the secretion of hormones relating to weight gain.
In addition, acupuncturist Leila-Scott Mitchell is trained in the culinary arts and loves to incorporate diet and lifestyle advice into her sessions.