mind & body
Where cutting-edge wellness and ancient healing traditions come together for the best in holistic and integrative care.
Acupuncture serves as an excellent alternative for women who are looking to decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles yet do not want the side effects associated with chemical treatments and surgical procedures.
The acupuncture approach works from the inside out, improving the energy within. Although results will be seen on the face, the whole body will be rejuvenated.
Treatment has proven successful in decreasing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and under eye circles and restoring the skin to its natural glow.
The skin is a large, visible and vulnerable organ. Because of this, although skin problems are not usually life threatening, they can be uncomfortable, frustrating to treat, and can cause a great deal of psychological stress.
Traditional Chinese medicine has a long history of treating skin problems such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, shingles, and skin sores.
Often times the skin problems such as acne are caused by excessive heat and dampness that effect organs along the meridians. Treating acupuncture points help stimulate the nervous system and regulate hormones.
Chinese Medicine treats skin disorders by:
- Increasing the production of endorphins and activating immune and endocrine systems
- Increasing microcirculation locally, reducing inflammation and swelling
- Decreasing sensitivity to external or environmental hazards by strengthening the immune system
- Releasing toxins from the skin, eliminating redness and itch
- Balancing the internal organ systems linked to the skin therefore helping to nourish and repair damaged skin